- 1 loaf of unsliced French Bread (I used a 13-oz. loaf of French wheat bread)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (not the grated kind)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice bread in half lengthwise and place the two halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Spread butter on cut surfaces. Sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning. Top with Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to brown slightly. Cut crosswise into 1 to 2-inch pieces, and serve warm.